The issues arising in the intersection of art and law have potentially far-reaching implications. Protect your work and learn more about how to recognize potential legal pitfalls in this important new “Art & Law Workshop”, hosted by Frisco Arts and Frisco School of Music and Performing Arts. Attorney and artist Charles Wallace will share on the following:
- Brief introduction - background as an artist, talent agent, producer, and lawyer - with industry insights
- Overview of important entertainment law elements (copyright, right of publicity, defamation, privacy, etc.)
- How to avoid infringing on others' work and real world examples of artists who faced legal issues from seemingly harmless use of another's work
- What is "fair use" anyway?
- How to start and build upon your own personal brand as an artist
The session is from 10am- 11:30am on Saturday January 12th at Frisco School of Music and Performing Arts (9255 Preston Road, Frisco 75033). Tickets are just $20 for Members, $25 for Nonmembers. We will also have a brief Q&A regarding the 2019 Frisco Arts Grants from 11:30am-12pm.
Contact Barbara Mazzeo at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.